This is a pivot point in the S2S100 training program. The exercises and workouts will be more intense. We’ll focus on developing speed, explosive strength and conditioning.
Week 7, was your break week. Hope you enjoyed it. There will be no more full week breaks.
Here’s a quick breakdown of what the program will entail for the next few weeks.
- most weight training will consist of supersets
- most conditioning will be developed through Tabata and other form of HIIT
- you must follow my nutritional rules
- more long distance running, sprinting and obstacle course training
- same muscle groups will be worked more than once a week
- more training days
Before We Get Started
Make sure you familiarize yourself with Tabata. I wrote an article about here.
You will also need to get a timer. If I’m doing training outside or switch spots often, I’ll use my Gymboss Interval Timer. Very easy to use and it clips onto your belt. Other times I’ll use an iPhone and iPad app called Seconds Pro. I’ve tried many others before, but this is probably the best one out there. It’s worth paying for it too. If you’re an Android user, I’m sure there aremany comparable apps for you too.
Daily Workout Schedule for Week 8 Day 50 – 56
- 6 workout days
- same muscle group will be trained at least 2x a week
- Tabata/HIIT training follows strength training
- run outside longer distances
Daily training snapshot:
- Monday: Primary muscle groups: chest/triceps, secondary muscle groups: back and biceps. Tabata for conditioning.
- Tuesday: Legs -> my beach ready legs training workout. This is a strength and conditioning workout.
- Wednesday: Tabata focused on core only.
- Thursday: Primary muscle groups: back and biceps, secondary muscle groups: chest. Tabata for conditioning.
- Friday: Primary muscle groups: shoulders, secondary muscle groups: core. Tabata for conditioning.
- Saturday: 5km run
- Sunday: Rest
Get the printer friendly version at the bottom of the article.
Strength training will consist of anywhere between 2-4 exercises utilizing supersets. These will mostly be big compound movements working both the agonist and antagonist muscle groups in the same set.
The second half of S2S100 training program incldues a tons of HIIT and long distance running. We’ll start with 5km runs on the weekends and work our way up to 20.
You must follow these rules.
This is it for Week 8. Told you we’d go into high gear. Good luck and have fun.
Download the printer friendly version of exercises here.