Welcome to Week 6 of S2S100 Training Program. Need a program recap? Visit this page: Obstacle Course Training.
But after this week, the program will pivot into a high gear. It will demand more from you, both physically and mentally. Don’t worry, you’ll get a break. Sooner than you think.
So, during this week, we’re going back to the 3rd Week’s routine, but with 4 major changes:
- Most of the weight training will involve supersets.
- Your breaks will become active recovery, you will be skipping between sets. Be sure to read my post on this topic here.
- You will need to up the weight from Week 2. You don’t have to increase weight on all reps. Increase it ever so slightly during some sets. Aim to add enough weight to complete the higher end of the reps range.
- Additional exercise added to the core routine.
Workouts for Week 6 Day 36 – 42
This week the program follows the standard 5-day split:
- 5 workout days
- train a different muscle group on different days
- cardio follows strength training
Daily training snapshot:
- Monday: Chest and Triceps, Cardio
- Tuesday: Legs
- Wednesday: Core
- Thursday: Back and Biceps, Cardio
- Friday: Shoulders, Cardio
- Saturday and Sunday: Off
Get the printer friendly version at the bottom of the article.
Each strength training session will start off with compound exercise consisting of 7-9 sets. The goal here is to exhaust the whole muscle group so that when you perform subsequent exercises you utilize all muscles in that group to execute the reps.
I suggested a range of reps you should do, but you’re probably going to ask, is how much weight should you do? Answer: lift enough weight to perform the minimum of the set range, but heavy enough that you’ll struggle to move it on the final rep or two.
During Week 6 your cardio intensity should start a .1 higher than previous week’s. So if last week you’re intensity was set to 7.4… this week it starts at 7.5.
- Set timer for 20 minutes
- Set the treadmill at 1% incline
- Set your comfortable jogging speed. One that you can easily keep pace with for 20 minutes.
- Every minute increase speed by .1 … so if you started at 7.0, the next minute will increase to 7.1, the following minute would be at 7.2 and so on. It looks like this:
- Minute 20: 7.5
- Minute 19: 7.6
- Minute 18: 7.7
- …. and on
- Follow this format for all cardio sessions for the rest of the week.
Every week I’ll be pointing you to download and print my nutrition rules. Last week I suggested to work on cutting out wheat products. This week, work on cutting out sugar.
This is it for Week 6. Good luck and have fun.
Download the printer friendly version of exercises here.