Welcome to Week 3 of S2S100 Training Program. If you’re new to the program be sure to check out my intro article and catch up by following Week 1 and Week 2.
Also, I created a dedicated page with chronological links to each weeks training. This way, future posts will be shorter and contain all the necessary info to get you into the workout mode right of way. It will also be a one stop you’ll need to visit to follow the training program. Check it out here.
This week the program follows the same routine as Week 1 and 2:
- 5 workout days
- train a different muscle group on different days
- cardio follows strength training
Workouts for Week 3 Day 15 – 21
Daily training snapshot:
- Monday: Chest and Triceps, Cardio
- Tuesday: Legs
- Wednesday: Core
- Thursday: Back and Biceps, Cardio
- Friday: Shoulders, Cardio
- Saturday and Sunday: Off
Get the printer friendly version at the bottom of the article. There are plenty of new exercises for you to learn.
Each strength training session will start off with compound exercise consisting of 7-9 sets. The goal here is to exhaust the whole muscle group so that when you perform subsequent exercises you utilize all muscles in that group to execute the reps.
I suggested a range of reps you should do, but you’re probably going to ask, is how much weight should you do? Answer: lift enough weight to perform the minimum of the set range, but heavy enough that you’ll struggle to move it on the final rep or two.
During Week 3 your cardio intensity should start a .1 higher than previous week’s. So if last week you’re intensity was set to 7.0… this week it starts at 7.1.
- Set timer for 20 minutes
- Set the treadmill at 1% incline
- Set your comfortable jogging speed. One that you can easily keep pace with for 20 minutes.
- Every minute increase speed by .1 … so if you started at 7.0, the next minute will increase to 7.1, the following minute would be at 7.2 and so on. It looks like this:
- Minute 20: 7.1
- Minute 19: 7.2
- Minute 18: 7.3
- …. and on
- Follow this format for all cardio sessions for the rest of the week.
Every week I’ll be pointing you to download and print my nutrition rules. Last week I suggested you Get rid of juices, pop, alcohol and other calorie heavy liquids. This week, no carbs after 6pm.
This is it for Week 3. Good luck and have fun.
Download the printer friendly version of exercises here. I’ve hyperlinked some exercises to instruction videos or images. Before you print it, be sure you watch check them out first.