This workout is straight out of my training log. For the most part my training involves split programs because I like to focus my workouts on specific muscles groups and give them enough rest to recover.
This workout is part of my 4-day split program which will be posted throughout the week.
- Day 1: Upper Body Workout – Chest Focus
- Day 2: Legs and Core
- Day 3: Upper Body Workout – Back Focus
- Day 4: Shoulders and Core
Day 1 and 2, are typically done on Mondays and Tuesdays. Wednesday is a rest day. Then go back at it for Day 3 and 4 on Thursday and Friday.
On the surface it looks like a short workout, but in reality it will take a full hour to complete. Both weight training sets are supersets. Complete all exercises in each set once before moving onto the set #2. Do jump rope between every set of Incline Barbell Press. Let Me Ups are done during only the first 4 sets. Also, rep numbers keep on dropping during the Incline Press. That’s because I start with super light weight and load up by the end of it.
Sandwiched between strength training and a cardio session are two rounds of Tabata at 4 minutes each. If you have a timer, great, if not, watch a clock on the wall. During Tabata, you pick two exercises and perform each one for 4 full minutes. Do as many reps as you can for 20 seconds, rest for 10 seconds, then do the second exercise for 20 seconds, rest for 10. Repeat this pattern for 4 minutes.
Upper Body Workout – Chest Focus
- A1: Skipping 1min, 1min, 1min, 1min, 1min, 1min, 1min, 1min
- A2: Incline Barbell Press 26-30x, 20-24x, 16-20, 8-12x, 8-12x, 8-12x, 8-12x, 6-10x
- A3: Let Me Ups 12-15x, 12-15x, 12-15x, 12-15x
Rest 1 min
- B1: Chest Flys 12-14x, 12-14x, 12-14x
- B2: Pullover 12-15x, 12-15x, 12-15x
Tabata Round 1
- Seated Rows
Tabata Round 2
- Barbell Curls
- Tricep Dips
- Run: 20 minute interval run on the treadmill