What diet should I go on?
This is exactly what I tell my clients.
A couple of years ago I wrote about why I completely despise the word diet. It’s a dirty word. I know it will be short-lived. And you’ll be back right where you started as soon as you’re done.
What is the alternative to dieting?
Being active and making smart food choices.
If you make smart food choices you will never have to diet again. You will never have to scramble to get in shape for the summer. You will never have to be embarrassed about muffin tops spilling over your skinny jeans.
It’s not just about dieting
- You need to adopt a healthy lifestyle. Which includes getting out there and being physical.
- Join a gym. Sports league. Find a hobby. Find an activity.
- Stop buying processed foods.
- Learn to read nutritional labels.
- Reduce stress.
- Learn about how hormones affect your health.
- Eat more veggies.
- Avoid sugars.
- Compete in marathons. Triathlons. Obstacle courses.
- Find goals to work towards.
- Control your portions.
Obviously there’s more to this. And only you can decide how you want to live your life. Do you want to have enough energy to play with your kids or be huffing and puffing? Do you want to walk proudly down the beach or go swimming with a t-shirt on?
No one can make this choice for you. Your body is the only place you’ll never move out of. So build it into a fortress of power and admiration.