Let’s hit the gym for this workout. The following workout focuses on your upper body and cardio. You can include this workout if your training programme consists of split days. Split days can take on various forms. The most basic one is splitting your training in two. One training session focuses on upper body, and the second one focuses on the lower body.
During this workout you’ll start with working major muscle groups using compound exercises, then move your way down targeting smaller muscle groups.
Start with a warm-up. Performs number of reps suggested in each set for each exercises. Take 60s breaks. Finish each exercise set before moving onto the next one.
Upper Body Workout
Low impact such as stationary bike or elliptical: 5 mins
- Bench Press 14-16x, 12-14x, 10-12x, 10-12x
- Lat Pulldown 10-12x, 10-12x, 10-12x, 10-12x
- Chest Fly (Seated on the machine) 10-12x, 10-12x, 10-12x
- Seated Back Row 15x, 15x, 15x
- Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press 10-12x, 10-12x, 10-12x
- Tricep Dips 8-10x, 8-10x, 8-10x
- Barbell Arm Curls 12-14x, 12-14x, 12-14x
Stationary Bike (set it to interval training): 16 mins