Ever see those big and muscular guys at the gym with big proud chests, v-shaped backs, popping traps and arms so dangerous they belong in the armoury, but as soon you look down you ask yourself, ‘Where did the legs go?’ Don’t be that guy. I say a guy because this is mostly a guy problem. I’ve never trained with or seen a gal that was so out of balance. So, avoid being that guy at all costs. Not only your physique looks ridiculous, but one day you’ll fall over and won’t able to get up. Your foundation will be so weak you’ll need to scrape along the ground to get from point A to point B.
Here’s a workout to help you build strong and powerful legs.
Start with a warm-up. Performs number of reps suggested in each set for each exercises. Take 60s breaks. Finish each exercise set before moving onto the next one.
Upper Body Workout
Low impact such as stationary bike or elliptical: 5 mins
- Squats 16x, 16x, 16x, 16x
- Deadlift 16x, 16x, 16x, 16x
- Leg Press 10-12x, 8-10x, 8-10x, 6-8x, 6-8x
- Walking Lunges (with Dumbbells) 12x, 12x, 12x 12x
- Leg Extensions 10-12x, 10-12x, 10-12x
- Leg Curls 10-12x, 10-12x, 10-12x
- Calf Press (on leg press machine) 16x 16x, 16x, 16x, 16x