Split training has been around forever and can be designed to accommodate individual needs, goals and schedule. 2-day split training is the shortest split training. It only lasts… 2 days. This split training focuses on the upper body. It’s ideal to use it 2x/week on Mondays and Thursdays, or whatever your schedule allows. But make sure you have eat least 2 days between same workout.
Start with a light warm up. Weight training portion begins by working larger muscle groups and working our way down to hit small muscles. Perform reps and order of exercises as outlined below. Rest 60 seconds after each set. Finish with cardio.
2-Day Split – Upper Body Workout
- Stationary bike, low intensity 5 mins
- Bench Press 16-20x, 14-16x 10-14x, 10-12x, 10-12x
- Lat Pulldown 14-16x 10-14x, 10-12x, 10-12x
- Incline Dumbbell Press 10-14x, 10-12x, 10-12x
- Seated Rows 10-14x, 10-12x, 10-12x
- Military Press 12-14x, 12-14x, 12-14x
- Back Extensions 16x, 16x, 16x
- A1: Situps 20x, 20x, 20x
- A2: Lying Leg Raises 15x, 15x, 15x
- Barbell Arm Curls 15x, 12x, 12x
- Tricep Pressdown 15x, 12x, 12x
- Stationary bike, interval ride 20 mins