2016Pick up any health and muscle magazine and I guarantee you’ll find a split training routine sandwiched between ads for overhyped supplements and tanning sprays. Serious bodybuilders use this training protocol to focus on and dedicate their training time to working a specific muscle group. But most importantly split training, gives you time to rest your worked muscles while working another group. 2-day split training is the shortest of various options you could deploy, yet it still give you a good 48 hour rest period before you work same muscles again.
Start with a light warm up. Weight training portion begins by working larger muscle groups and working our way down to hit small muscles. Perform reps and order of exercises as outlined below. Rest 60 seconds after each set. Finish with cardio.
2-Day Split – Upper Body Workout
- Stationary bike, low intensity 5 mins
- Incline Bench Press 16-20x, 14-16x 10-14x, 10-12x, 10-12x
- Pull-Ups 10x, 10x
- Incline Dumbbell Press 10-14x, 10-12x, 10-12x
- Chin-Ups 10x, 10x
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press 12-14x, 12-14x, 12-14x
- Back Extensions 16x, 16x, 16x
- Dumbell Lateral Raise 10-12x, 10-12x, 10-12x
- Hammer Curls 15x, 12x, 12x
- Tricep Extensions 15x, 12x, 12x
- Stationary bike, interval ride 20 mins