Ever run into a situation where you know you need to get that protein into your system but you don’t have the time to make a protein packed meal? This is my default simple and healthy meal: a tuna and egg salad consisting of ingredients most household have or are readily available.
This tuna and egg salad recipe is quick, simple and healthy. Best part of all, it is very low carb and high in protein content.
Tuna and Egg Salad Nutritional Info and Caloric Ratio
The recipe is ideal for those on low carb diets. The caloric ratio is at 9% carbs, 33% fats and 58% protein.
Serving Size: 285g
- Calories: 285
- Fat: 11g
- Carbs: 4g
- Protein: 42g
The recipe, however, is high in sodium. If you’re avoiding sodium simply replace the dill pickle with a celery.
- 3 hard boiled egg whites
- 1 can Gold Seal, Tuna, Flaked, Light
- 1 tbsp Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise
- 1 thin slice or raw onion
- 1 dill pickle
- 1 cup shredded uncooked spinach
- boil 3 eggs
- chop up spinach, onions and pickles
- when eggs are done separate egg whites from yolk, chop up egg whites
- put all ingredients into the mixing bowl
And this is it. That’s all it takes to create a healthy high protein low carb meal.