We talk a lot about split training at Daily Workout. Split training allows you to target specific muscles groups throughout the week and give them ample time to rest and recover. This workout is to compliment a 2 day split training program next to upper body workout. Give at least 2 days break before doing this workout again.
Start with a light warm up. Weight training portion begins by working larger muscle groups and working our way down to hit small muscles. Perform reps and order of exercises as outlined below. Rest 60 seconds after each set. Finish with light cardio.
2-Day Split – Lower Body Workout
- Stationary bike, low intensity 5 mins
- Walking Lunges (with dumbbells) 16-20x, 16-20x, 16-20x
- Leg Press 10-12x, 10-12x, 10-12x, 10-12x
- Lunge Matrix (with barbell) 10-14x, 10-12x, 10-12x
- Seated Leg Extensions 10-14x, 10-12x, 10-12x
- Leg Curl 10-14x, 10-12x, 10-12x
- Standing Calf Raises 16-20x, 16-20x, 16-20x
- Stationary bike, low intensity 10 mins