Thinking about getting into shape? Starting from scratch? No access to the gym? Get your body moving, blood pumping and heart rate going with this basic exercise routine.
The Basics Home Workout
- Jumping Jacks 10-15x
- Lunges 10-15x
- Pushups 8-12x
- Crunches 8-12x
- Air Squats 8-12x
- Bent-Over Single Arm Row 8-12x/side
- Lying Leg Raise (Single Leg) 8-12x/leg
- Shoulder Press 8-12x
- Bicep Curls 8-12x
- Tricep Kickbacks 8-12x
How To and When To Do the Workout
This is a full body workout and you should take a day’s rest between sessions. Start with doing it 3x/week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. If you’re still doing this workout during the second week, aim to get 4 sessions in on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
All exercises are fairly basic. If you were ever in a gym class you know how to do all of them. If not look them up on YouTube or ExRx.
- If you don’t have dumbbells to use, try soup cans instead.
- Complete each exercises 3 times before moving onto the next one. Take 1 minute break in between.
- Aim to complete the minimum of the rep range with a goal of reaching the maximum.