Just like the previous workout, this leg training is straight out of my workout journal. It’s part of my 4-day split program:
- Day 1: Upper Body Workout – Chest Focus
- Day 2: Legs and Core
- Day 3: Upper Body Workout – Back Focus
- Day 4: Shoulders and Core
Day 1 and 2, are typically done on Mondays and Tuesdays. Wednesday is a rest day. Then go back at it for Day 3 and 4 on Thursday and Friday.
On the surface it looks like a short workout, but in reality it will take almost a full hour to complete. The focus here is on technique. Be sure to learn how to do these exercises properly. Take 90 second breaks between each set.
Abs section is all done in a 8 minute Tabata session. If you have a timer, great, if not, watch a clock on the wall. Typically, during Tabata, you pick two exercises and perform each one for 4 full minutes alternating each exercise with rest and work periods. Do as many reps as you can for 20 seconds, rest for 10 seconds, then do the second exercise for 20 seconds, rest for 10. Repeat this pattern for 4 minutes. But for this workout, there are 4 exercises, so the actual Tabata session will span for full 8 minutes.
Lower Body Workout
- Squats 15-20x, 15-20x, 15-20x, 8-12x, 8-12x, 8-12x, 6-10x, 6-10x
- Deadlift 15-20x, 15-20x, 15-20x, 8-12x, 8-12x, 8-12x, 6-10x, 6-10x
- Calf Press 15-20x, 15-20x, 15-20x, 15-20x
- Leg Raises
- Russian Twists
- Swiss Ball Hand-offs